Mental Health Support Worker Needed:
- 4-6 hours per week at $25.00 an hour
- Evenings preferred, weekends will be considered
- With preference for applicants with psychology, psychiatry background/education
- Perfect side job for a student
- This is not a VCH contract and no insurance will be provided
- This is a private contract between client’s family and candidate
Client is a 24 year old female with a diagnosed mood disorder who is high functioning (works full-time and has a social support circle). She struggles with daily task management and has anxiety issues around home management and personal care.
CLOSING DATE: August 5 2018
- There is no provision for sick time.
- Contract will be supervised by parents of client
- Candidate must be able to work cooperatively with client, mental health team staff and family
- Candidates must be able to adequately access public transportation.
- Candidates must be able to present in a professional manner, and be empathetic, patient and supportive.
- Contract is for 6 months with a potential to renew. There will be a probationary period of 3 months to evaluate fit.
- Contract may be ended early if there is concerns around rapport or lack of progress with goals
Client’s goals may include:
- Work with the client to develop a structure and routine for:
- Regular cleaning chores
- Personal hygiene
- Meal preparation
- Teach skills and tactics that will help the client be able to perform these tasks independently
- Work directly with the client to complete household tasks and chores
- Assess and report on progress to client’s family
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to:
Taylore Ashlie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those being considered for the position will be contacted. Thank you!