NOTICE OF CONTRACT
CLOSING: Friday, February 9th, 2018
ONE Contract with the Consumer Initiative Fund
8 to 10 hours per month
Job Description: Under the supervision of the CIF Coordinator and Peer Leader, you will work with clients with mental illness and/or substance use showing movies and assisting with the discussion afterward. The successful candidate will be a well-organized individual who exhibits initiative, flexibility, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills. Duties include assisting showing movies at the Joseph & Rosalie Segal & Family Health Centre and having a discussion with the clients afterward.
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
- have completed a Peer Support Training program or have equivalent training or experience
- have personal experience receiving services within the mental health system (required)
- be able to be a role model to people recovering from a serious mental illness and/or substance use
- be able to work cooperatively with mental health staff, consumers and family members
- be able to work with a culturally diverse population
- be willing to respect other people’s right to decline assistance
- be able to adequately access public transportation,
- be able to present in a professional manner, and
- be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of these Placement: 6 Months, with potential to renew.
Pay and Hours: $15.00 an hour, up to 10 hours maximum a month (including meetings) paid as a flat rate of $150 per month.
Start Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2018.
Closing Date and Location: Please submit a resume and a cover letter to:
Ian Sadler, Consumer Initiative Fund, Vancouver Community Mental Health Services, VCH,
#200-520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H5
(Telephone 604-730-7675; Faxes accepted to 604-874-7661)
No later than : Friday, February 9th, 2018