NOTICE OF CONTRACT
CLOSING: August 15, 2017
ONE Contract with West End Mental Health Team, 1555 Robson Street, Vancouver BC V6G 1C3
~ 16 hours per month, 6 month contract
Job Description: Under the supervision of rehabilitation staff, and in conjunction with treatment personnel, you will work with clients with mental illness with the objective of assisting them to learn basic computer skills. The successful candidate will be a well-organized individual who exhibits initiative, flexibility, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills. Duties include one-to-one work assisting clients in achieving computer related goal(s), and/or linking clients with community resources; communicating all relevant information verbally and in writing to pertinent staff.
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
1. have personal experience receiving services within the mental health system (required)
2. provide 1:1 computer tutorials relating to basic computer functions (Microsoft Word, email, safe internet browsing, etc)
3. be able to work cooperatively with mental health staff and consumers
4. be able to work with a culturally diverse population
5. be able to present in a professional manner, and
6. be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of these Placements: 6 Months, with potential to renew.
You are not required to work at the team or unit where you receive service.
Pay and Hours: $12.00 an hour, up to 16 hours maximum a month (including meetings).
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date and Location: Please submit a resume and a cover letter to:
Consumer Involvement and Initiatives, Vancouver Community Mental Health Services, VCH,
#200-520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H5
(Telephone 604-708-5276; Faxes accepted to 604-874-7661)
Please do not email your application.
No later than : 5:00pm on August 15, 2017