PEER HARM REDUCTION LEADER:
NOTICE OF CONTRACT
CLOSING: Thursday – October 19th 2017
ONE Contract with Robert Lily Lee Family CHC Harm Reduction Team, 1669 E Broadway, Vancouver BC V5N 1V9
~ minimum 8 hours per month, 6 month contract (possibility of extension)
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Peer Programs Coordinator and Robert Lily Lee Harm Reduction Coordinator , the Peer Harm Reduction Leader will provide harm reduction services to people in Mount Pleasant, Grandview Woodland, and neighboring areas in order to promote health and well-being. Major duties include: distribution of harm reduction supplies, co facilitating Take Home Naloxone trainings, providing information on safer substance use and safer sex, providing referrals to other services, keeping statistics and general project planning, acquiring new skills, linking with community resources and attending monthly Peer Harm Reduction Leader meetings. Applicant will have experience communicating about harm reduction and collaborating with peers and service providers.
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
- Self-identify as a person who uses illicit substances or works in the sex trade (current or former)
- Non-judgmental to the diverse populations accessing harm reduction services
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and de-escalate and manage conflict
- Commitment to harm reduction principles and procedures
- Knowledge of services and resources in neighborhood
- Demonstrate reasonable stability and responsibility
- be able to adequately access public transportation,
- be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of this contract: 6 Months, with potential to renew.
You are not required to work at the team or unit where you receive service.
Pay and Hours: $12.00 an hour, up to 35 hours maximum a month (including meetings)
*Level 3 peer position – Peer Framework VCH- Minimum $12.00 an hour but needs to be comparable to similar non-peer positions in the organization.
Can and should be increased based on the context, time involved and nature of the task.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Criminal Record Check will be conducted by the Ministry of Justice
Closing Date and Location: Please submit a resume and a cover letter to:
Peer Programs, Robert Lily Lee Family CHC, VCH,
#110-1669 E Broadway, Vancouver, V5N 1V9
(Telephone: 604-675- 3988 x 20350; email: email@example.com)
Deadline : 4:00pm on October 19th , 2017