|Call for Expressions of Interest
Opportunity for Family Involvement
Tertiary Mental Health & Addiction
Older Adult Leadership Committee
The Older Adult Leadership Committee is a collaborative group consisting of representatives across older adult services and inclusive of clients and families. The committee provides input into ongoing planning and quality improvement across the Older Adult Tertiary programs.
We are currently looking for individuals who have experience supporting a family member through older adult mental health services (ideally inpatient treatment or residential services) to fill two family positions on this council.
Purpose of Family Involvement on this Council
- The purpose of family engagement on this committee is to bring forward family perspectives and priorities while collaborating on various projects and initiatives of the Older Adult Strategic Plan.
- To review plans and participate in discussion to ensure that program planning, implementation and evaluation is responsive to the needs of families, reflect the principles of client and family-centered care and uphold the intent of the VCH/PHC Family Involvement Policy.
Frequency of Meetings
- Family members are invited to attend leadership committee meetings either on a regular monthly basis or on an ad hoc basis (as projects of interest arise) depending on preference.
- Additionally, family representatives are encouraged to participate in any/all working groups that they are interested and available to attend.
Length of Term
- Family member representatives will be appointed for a 2-year term with the option to serve for an additional 2-year term.
- All out of pocket expenses for travel and parking are covered.
If you are interested in more information about participating on the Tertiary Mental Health & Addiction Older Adult Leadership Committee as a family representative, please contact Becky Hynes at: email@example.com or (604) 313-1918
Total Page Visits: 262 - Today Page Visits: 1