Get Set & Connect is a peer driven program designed for people who have lived experience with a mental health and/or addiction concern. The program focuses on enhancing mental health and well-being through leisure and/or volunteer activities in the community. The goals are to encourage community inclusion and building meaningful connections.
What will the program include?
- Each person in the program will work one to one with a Leisure and Volunteer Community
- Access Coach to enhance your mental health and well-being through leisure and/or volunteer opportunities
- Connecting with others through peer led leisure activities in the community
- Ready, Set, Go Volunteer Preparation Course
What are the criteria to participate?
- Have a lived experience of a mental health and/or addiction concern
- Have community inclusion as a goal
- 19 years of age or older
- Resident of Vancouver
Interested in being part of this program? Register to attend the following orientation:
- Thursday June 15th, 4:30pm at Britannia Community Centre, 1661 Napier Street (in the Rink Activity Room; in the Ice Rink to the left of the bleachers)
- Tuesday July 4th, 3:00pm at Roundhouse Community Centre, 181 Roundhouse Mews (in Room C)
- Tuesday July 25th 3:00pm at Mount Pleasant Community Centre, 1 Kingsway (in Multipurpose Room 3)
- Tuesday August 15th, 3:00pm, Firehall Library, 1455 West 10th Avenue (in the Meeting Room)
- Wednesday August 30th, 3:00pm, Mount Pleasant Community Centre, 1 Kingsway (in Multipurpose Room #3)
**Call the Leisure Volunteer Access Coaches to register or to find out about future orientations**
Dolly: 604-872-4902 ext 222
Marnie: 604-872-4902 ext 223
Steph: 604-872-4902 ext 229
Katy: 604-872-4902 ext 290
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: http://www.getsetconnect.ca