This project provides funding of up to $400.00 to mental health consumers for education and leisure courses or activities. Recipients can take more than one course/activity if the cost is less than $400.00 and must be willing to pay the difference if the cost exceeds $400.00.
Personal development, life style enhancement, vocational training, education and well-being are key components of recovery. The goal of this fund is to provide opportunities for individuals to take courses they would not otherwise be able to access and to build capacity.
Applications and criteria for the next CIF Education and Leisure Fund are now available on this site, at Vancouver mental health teams, mental health organizations, and psychiatric units and on this website.
Deadline for applications is Monday, July 29, 2013.
Individuals are eligible to receive funding once every two years. Applicants must be a resident of Vancouver and be receiving mental health services in Vancouver.
The Education and Leisure Fund is open two times a year. Applications are randomly selected in a draw done at the Consumer Initiative Fund offices.
Download Application Form Here: EDUCATION LEISURE FUND APPLICATION FORM & CRITERIA
For more information please contact:
Joan Schofield, Program Assistant,
Consumer Initiative Fund
604-736-2033 Local 2202
Criteria for CONSUMER INITIATIVE FUND EDUCATION AND LEISURE FUND
Please read carefully.
- Must be a consumer of mental health services in Vancouver.
- Must be a resident of Vancouver.
- Monies paid to educational institute only. Reimbursements are not issued.
- Applicants can only receive funding every two (2) years.
- Applicants can register for courses up to or exceeding $400.00, however, applicants are responsible for all costs exceeding $400.00.
- Applicants must include a brief letter of intent indicating their interest in taking and completing the course/activity. Case Managers are welcome to assist with this process and provide a letter of support.
- Applicant must have own phone number and be able to return a message within 48 hours.
- Registration for courses must be completed by fiscal year end (March 31, 2014).
- Course Registration is the applicant’s responsibility.
- Completed applications are randomly selected.
Draws for Fall 2013/14 disbursement will take place: Tuesday, July 30, 2013