PEER WORKER – PROJECT LEADER & ASSISTANT:
NOTICE OF CONTRACT
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
TWO Contracts with the Consumer Initiative Fund (CIF) – Vancouver Coastal Health
4 hours per month each, 6 month contract
We are looking for a pair of candidates who have demonstrated they work well together, and are good with technology. Please submit both applications together.
Job Description: Under the supervision of the CIF Coordinator, and in conjunction with staff at Venture House (near Main Street) to have movie screenings with a projector and chrome-book. Following the movie showing will be a half hour discussion of the movie. The successful candidates will be a well-organized pair who exhibit initiative, flexibility, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills. The screenings will take place at Venture House. Experience with – or ability to learn – projectors and with android or chrome-book devices is required. Movie buffs encouraged!
Qualifications: The successful individuals will:
- have completed a Peer Support Training program or have equivalent training or experience
- have personal experience receiving services within the mental health or substance use system (required)
- experience or willing to learn the use of a projector
- experience or willing to learn the use of a chrome-book
- be able to be a role model to people recovering by sharing common life experiences and practical information in a post movie discussion format
- have effective strategies for dealing with stress
- be able to work cooperatively with mental health staff, clients and family members
- be able to work with a culturally diverse population
- be willing to respect other people’s choices in their recovery
- be able to adequately access and use public transportation,
- be able to present in a professional manner, and
- be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of this Placement: 6 Months, with potential to renew.
Pay: flat rate of $75 each per month.
Start Date: April 2020 – day of week is somewhat flexible. An evening during the week is preferred, and cannot be a Monday or a Wednesday as those evenings are already taken.
Only candidates who have made it to the interview level will be contacted.
Please submit a resume, references and a cover letter to:
Ian Sadler, CIF Coordinator
Vancouver Community Mental Health Services, VCH
200 – 520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H5