CMHA’S Recreation/Leisure/Volunteer PROGRAM-Get Set & Connect
The CMHA Get Set & Connect Program is designed to help individuals living with mental illness, make connections and form meaningful relationships with other individuals through activities in the community. Community inclusion is the goal.
What will the program include?
- Each person in the program will work one on one with a Leisure and Volunteer Community Access Coach
- Connecting through Activity– opportunities to participate in groups
Some activity group examples include: ping pong, walking, bowling, coffee, swimming, sign language, photography, fitness, hiking, arts & culture and more!!!
- Ready, Set, Go, Group-volunteer preparation course
- Networking Sessions: social gatherings each month, to showcase success, learn about program opportunities, share leisure and volunteer resources and meet other people
What are the criteria to participate?
- Be a person with lived experience in mental health concerns
- Have community inclusion as a goal
- 19 years of age or older
- Living in Vancouver
Interested in being part of this EXCITING program??? Register to attend the following orientation:
- Thursday Sept 12th, 4:00pm, UBC Learning Exchange, 612 Main Street, Vancouver BC
- Thursday Sept 26th, 4:00pm, Marpole Oakridge Community Centre (in the lower lounge area), 990 West 59th Avenue (at Oak Street), Vancouver BC
***Call the Leisure Volunteer Access Coaches to register or to find out about future orientations***:
Kim : 604-872-4902 ext 223 April: 604-872-4902 ext 229
Dolly: 604-872-4902 ext 222 Katy: 604-872-4902 ext 290
Email: email@example.com Website: www.vancouver-burnaby.cmha.bc.ca