As a leader in suicide prevention, SAMHSA is developing a new suicide prevention app for mobile devices, optimized for tablets. The free app called Suicide Safe will help providers integrate suicide prevention strategies into their practice and reduce suicide risk among their patients.
Suicide Safe helps providers:
* Explore suicide prevention resources, including the SAFE-T (Suicide Assessment Five-step Evaluation and Triage) card and easily download it for use offline.
* Study interactive sample cases to learn and review the five steps of the SAFE-T.
* Access information, including suicide prevention wallet/pocket guides, educational opportunities, and other supportive resources.
* Access patient education materials, including crisis hotline wallet cards, fact sheets, and treatment resources.
* Browse conversation starters that provide sample language and tips for talking with patients about their suicidal ideation.
* Use the SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator to provide timely referrals for patients.
SAMHSA’s free Suicide Safe app will be available in January 2015 for iOS® and AndroidTM mobile devices.