NOTICE OF CONTRACT
CLOSING: July 15, 2018
With Kitsilano-Fairview Mental Health Team
400-1212 West Broadway Street, Vancouver, BC
~ 12 hours per month, 6 month contract
Job Description: Under the supervision of Occupational Therapist, and in conjunction with treatment personnel, you will:
- Work with clients with mental illness with the objective of instructing and supporting them to learn basic computer skills using Windows XP and/or Windows 7 Software.
- The successful candidate is a well-organized individual who exhibits initiative, flexibility, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills.
- Duties include working with 1-2 clients at a time teaching computer skills.
- Computer related goals include safe internet browsing, creating and navigating social media accounts, setting-up email, Microsoft Word, using Excel, using other programs and linking clients with community resources.
- You will be expected to communicate all relevant information verbally and in writing to pertinent staff.
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
1. Have personal experience receiving services within the mental health system (required)
2. Be able to provide 1:1 computer tutorials relating to basic computer functions (Microsoft Word, email, safe internet browsing, social media etc)
3. Be able to work cooperatively with mental health staff and consumers
4. Be able to work with a culturally diverse population
5. Be able to present in a professional manner, and
6. Be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of this Placement: 6 Months, with potential to renew.
Due to rules around conflict of interest, you may not apply for this position if you are a client at Kitsilano-Fairview Mental Health Team.
Pay and Hours: $14.00 an hour, up to a maximum of 3 hours per week.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Fax cover letter and resume to: Dipesh Tailor, Occupational Therapist at 604-737-4835
116total visits,6visits today