Hello, the deadline to apply for the posting has been extended and the method of applying corrected. Sorry for any inconvenience.
WHY WEIGHT: CONSUMER CONTRACT WANTED
The Why Weight Project provides weight management, physical health monitoring and healthy lifestyle programs for mental health clients in Vancouver.
DUTIES: Provide group support for deconditioned clients in a once a week walking program, date and time to be determined.
- Be a person using mental health services.
- Have education, experience and/or interest relevant to Why Weight projects.
- Demonstrate good reliability, organization and team work skills.
- Be able to work cooperatively with mental health staff, consumers and family members.
- Be able to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Be willing to respect other people’s right to decline assistance.
- Be able to present in a professional manner, and
- Be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of the Placement: 6 months, with possibility of renewal.
Note: You CANNOT work at the Mental Health Team or unit where you receive services.
Pay and Hours: $14.50 per hour, 10 hours per month.
Start Date: 21 January 2020.
Closing Date: 31 December 2019
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to: Jill Kapuscinski at Jill.Kapuscinski@vch.ca