|May 6th-8th, 2018
For three days in May, peer supporters, non-profit leaders, health care providers, health system leaders, thinkers and innovators will connect and share ideas, research, promising practices, successful programs, and tools to grow and strengthen peer support. Above all, we will leave the conference energized to grow peer support across Canada.
The Conference Committee is looking for abstracts that provide tools, templates and advice to support and “scale-up” exceptional practices. Workshops should go beyond describing successful projects and programs; they empower delegates to reproduce them in their own regions.
WE INVITE ABSTRACTS IN THE FOLLOWING STREAMS:
- Building the Evidence Base: Research and evaluation of peer support
- Working Together – Collaborations, managing conflicts, creating and sustaining partnerships and more
- Innovative and effective peer support programs
- Peer Support 2.0: Deepening our skills
- Self- care: Essential for all (burnout, self-compassion, workplace supports, encouraging and enabling self-care)
We encourage abstracts from Peer Supporters, (including Family Peer Supporters) and from folks who identify as experiencing marginalization, including First Nations/Indigenous people, LGTBQ folks, newcomers, refugees, and racialized individuals.
For full details, and to submit your abstract visit: ncps-canada.com/call-for-abstracts/
If you have an idea for a workshop but not sure where it fits, please contact Shaleen Jones at email@example.com
If you have any questions about your application please contact Sherry Sim, Event Manager, at 1-866-655-8548 or firstname.lastname@example.org