Families have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity, respect, and empathy.
- A system that fosters positive family relationships.
- Be recognized for their expertise and accepted as part of the treatment team.
- Be acknowledged as not being the cause of mental illness.
- Comprehensive information about diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation plans, options and prognosis.
- Information and guidance on symptom management and crisis intervention.
- Advice and guidance on community resources including housing and consumer selfhelp.
- Education, resources and supports that can assist them in coping with mental illness.
- Express their views.
- Have complaints heard and followed through within a safe and fair manner.
- Participate in mental health planning, evaluation and implementation.
Total Page Visits: 737 - Today Page Visits: 1