Family Connections Newsletter – December 2022
Hello friends and colleagues:
Here is our December 2022 Family Connections newsletter.
Topic this time: Practical Tools for Families of People Who Use Substances
This edition is chock full of tried and tested tools for families. While they were developed for those whose loved ones are dealing with problematic substance use, all of them can be used and/or adjusted for other situations as well.
A few samples:
- Of boundaries and limit setting
- How to stay connected with your loved one while being mindful of the impact substance use can have on families’ lives
- A moving interview with a family member with lots of ideas, including the need to join a support group
- SMART recovery: Change your thinking, change your behaviour
- Alternatives to nagging, pleading and threatening
- And more!
Enjoy, and as always, if you’d like to contribute, let us know. Past issues can be found here.
The Family Involvement Team