Education Series for Families/Supporters of People With Mental Illness/Concurrent Disorders
The Family Support and Involvement team at VCH is offering an 8-week psychoeducational program for family and friends of individuals who live with mental illness or concurrent disorders. The group is co-facilitated by VCH Family Support and Involvement staff and a family member. The series will also feature guest presenters, such as health care providers from Vancouver Coastal Health, on various topics.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and accessing mental health services
- Tools for effective communication among family, service users and service providers
- Family involvement in the circle of care
- Information on mental health and concurrent disorders
- Understanding medication
- Family support and self-care
Date: October 9 to November 27, 2018 (Tuesday Nights)
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Place: Evergreen Community Health Center, 3425 Crowley Dr., Vancouver
(a block South from the Joyce Skytrain Station)
This is a closed group; registration is required.
To register, please contact email@example.com or 604 314-9032