Family-to-Family Education Course
Starting the week of October 4th
Our Family-to-Family mental illness education course is back!
- Starting the week of October 4th (exact times & dates T.B.C)
- Led by trained family-member volunteers with living experience
- One 2.5 hr session/week
- Online via Zoom
- 8 week course
- Free of charge
Please see below for more information and share with anyone who you think might benefit from this course.
You will learn:
- Different aspects of mental illness, including up-to-date information on mental illnesses and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments and therapies
- How to navigate the mental health system in B.C.
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Compassion-centered approaches for supporting a loved one with a mental health condition
- Ways to handle a crisis
- Advocating for care for your ill loved one
- Managing negative feelings and self-care strategies
Based on the trauma model of education, the course utilizes a unique combination of healing, consciousness-raising and empowerment to address the long-neglected needs of those caring for a loved one with a mental illness.
For more information and to register, please visit: https://pathwayssmi.org/education/family-to-family-course/
If you have any questions before registering, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-926-0856.