- When: Jan 24th – March 14th. Fridays.
- Time: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
What is this group about?
- An educational skills building group for those who are interested in learning how to contain distressing symptoms caused by past traumatic events or PTSD like symptoms.
- In this eight week closed group you will learn how traumatic experiences affect the nervous system, and brain.
- You will learn types of treatment available.
- You will learn the difference between complex developmental trauma and PTSD.
- You will learn skills to manage and reduce distressing symptoms, i.e. dissociation (zoning out) anger, avoidance of people or places, mood swings, hypersensitivity to sounds, attention difficulty, and anxiety.
Not sure if this group is for you?
If you answer yes to 2 or more of the questions below
you may benefit from being a member of this group.
Have you experienced a traumatic incident in your past?
Do you struggle to leave your home?
Do you find yourself over reacting to situations in your life?
Do you avoid relationships?
Are you sensitive to noise or certain sounds?
Do you take dangerous risks just to feel alive?
Do you have trouble trusting people?
Do you self harm?
Do you find yourself dissociating?
Do you feel numb or cut off from others?
Do you have flash backs of the traumatic incident or incidents?
Do you have difficulty sleeping because of nightmares?
Do you believe that the world is an unsafe place?
Do you find yourself abusing alcohol or substances to deal with some of these distressing symptoms?
If you would like to be a member please call Crystal to register. 604 642 5838 or 604 669 9181.