Are you a Family Caregiver (unpaid family member or friend) taking care of an older adult?
Do you often feel overwhelmed, stressed, frustrated and alone?
The BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support (BCCEAS) invites you to attend a free workshop, teleseminar or webinar, titled “Not In My Family: Working with Family Caregivers to Reduce Elder Abuse”.
Learn how to protect older adults and reduce the risk of elder abuse/neglect by:
- Recognizing signs of abuse/neglect
- Staying healthy while caregiving
- Staying socially connected with others
- Improving communication
In-person workshops will be offered:
- February 18, 2016: 1:30 to 3:30 pm at SOS Parksville (245 West Hirst Avenue, Parksville)
- Register by calling 1-877-520-3267 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 3, 2016: 1 to 2:30 pm at Seniors Come Share Society (15008 – 26th Avenue, Surrey)
- Register by calling 604-531-9400 ext. 202
- March 7, 2016: 1:30 to 3:30 pm at Hillside Seniors Health Centre (1454 Hillside Avenue, Victoria)
- Register by calling 250-370-5641 and press ‘2’ or emailing WellnessCentreRegistration@viha.ca
Teleseminars/webinars will be offered through The Caregiver Network:
– sign up by calling 1-866-396-2433 or online at http://thecaregivernetwork.ca
- January 28, 2016: from 10:30 am to 12 pm
- March 22, 2016: from 6:30 to 8 pm
For more information, please contact Lin Chen, BCCEAS Workshop and Outreach Coordinator, at 604-688-1927 ext. 225 or email LChen@bcceas.ca .
Special thanks to our project partners: Family Caregivers of British Columbia, Eldercare Foundation, Seniors Come Share Society, and Alzheimer Society of British Columbia.
We acknowledge the financial assistance of the Council to Reduce Elder Abuse.
Phone: 604-688-1927 ext 225
BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support
150-900 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2M4
Seniors Abuse & Information Line:
604-437-1940 or Toll Free 1-866-437-1940
TTY: 604-428-3359 Toll Free: 1-855-306-1443