|Call for Expressions of Interest
Opportunity for Consumer Involvement
Tertiary Mental Health & Addiction
Adult Leadership Committee
The Adult Leadership Committee is a collaborative group consisting of representatives across adult tertiary mental health and addiction services including staff, physicians, clients, and family members. We are currently looking for an individual who has experienced accessing long-term, in-patient mental health services to fill one of two consumer positions on this council.
Purpose of Consumer Involvement on this Council
- The purpose of consumer engagement on this committee is to bring forward the perspectives and priorities of people with lived experience of mental illness while collaboratively participating in various projects and initiatives related to the adult tertiary programs.
- To review plans and participate in discussion to ensure that program planning, implementation and evaluation is responsive to the needs of clients
- Reflect the principles of recovery and person and family-centered care
Frequency of Meetings
- The meetings take place on the 1st Thursday of the month from 2:00 – 4:00 and are located at 520 West 6th Ave, Vancouver BC.
- Additionally, consumer representatives are encouraged to participate in any/all working groups that they are interested and available to attend.
Length of Term
- Consumer representatives will be appointed for a 2-year term with the option to serve for an additional 2-year term.
- The successful applicant will receive a $20 honorarium per each 2 hour meeting plus travel expenses.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Ability to regularly attend monthly meetings
- Articulate interests, concerns, and perspectives on the issues being addressed
- Ability to read, learn and absorb relevant information
- Maintain an open mind regarding other people’s views
- Work as a team member
- Participate collaboratively in group decision-making
- Bring up ideas on how to improve patient experience while in tertiary care
If you are interested in more information about participating on the Tertiary Mental Health & Addiction Adult Leadership Committee as a consumer representative, please contact Becky Hynes at: email@example.com or (604) 714-3771 ext 2300
Total Page Visits: 355 - Today Page Visits: 1