PEER WORKER – Night of Games (a Zoom project )
NOTICE OF CONTRACT CLOSING: May 17, 2021
ONE Contract with the Consumer Initiative Fund – VCH 200 – 520 W 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H5 – up to 15 hours per month, 6-month contract
About the project and the role:
“Night of Games” is a peer-led activity offered weekly on Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Participants have the opportunity to socialize, support their peers & have fun!
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team. Primary responsibilities include hosting zoom sessions & troubleshooting when necessary. In addition, this individual will alternately lead games, help foster comradery & inclusivity, & have fun!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
1. have personal experience receiving services within the mental health or substance use system (required)
2. have access to a quiet workspace and a reliable computer and internet access
3. take initiative and demonstrate sound judgment and good interpersonal skills
4. have effective strategies for dealing with stress
5. be able to work cooperatively with staff, peers and family members
8. be able to work with a culturally diverse population
10. be able to present in a professional manner, and
11. be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of this Placement: 6 Months, with potential to renew. Pay and Hours: $20.00 an hour, up to 15 hours a month (including meetings) up to a maximum of $300 per month.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Applications accepted until May 17th, 2021.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to
Sue Macdonald, Coordinator, Consumer Involvement and Initiatives,
Vancouver Community Mental Health Services
firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 604-874-7661