THIS POSTING IS NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS.
Duration of placement: 1 year contract with potential to renew
Rate of Pay: $17.50 per hour with 10 hours per month average
Location: Virtual (delivered via zoom)
Deadline: April 16th, 2021
Vancouver Coastal Health offers several Peer Facilitated Workshops with a focus on mental health, psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery.Participants can include: people with lived experience and addiction issues, staff of VCH, clients of VCH, people with lived experience not connected to a mental health team and supporters and family members.
The peer led workshops team is looking for individuals with lived experience to join, our workshops will be run virtually for the foreseeable future. We are currently looking to get programming up and running and would greatly benefit from your expertise.
Skills and Abilities: The successful individual will:
- have lived experience with Mental Health and or Substance Use and capacity to share experience peer to peer
- have personal experience receiving services within the mental health system
- have completed a Peer Support Training Program and/or equivalent education and experience. Such as MH Worker Certificate, WRAP Facilitator Training, Peer Facilitator Training, or other equivalent.
- have demonstrated experience with groups and facilitation or willing to learn
- have excellent listening and communication skills
- have the ability to attend sessions consistently and be highly reliable to commitments
- have a successful completion of a criminal record check (organized by VCH)
- be able to be a role model to people recovering from a serious mental illness by sharing common life experiences and practical information
- have effective strategies for dealing with stress
- be able to work with a culturally diverse population
- be willing to respect other people’s right to decline assistance
- be able to present in a professional manner, and
- Be empathetic, patient and supportive.
- Familiar with zoom and have access to a computer (accommodations can be made)
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with the following subject line “Peer Facilitator”. Be sure to tell us why you are interested in this role in your cover letter.