Peer Job Opportunity
Harm Reduction Leader – On site & Community Engagement
Robert Lily Lee Community Health Center/ Raven Song Community Health Center
Under the supervision of the Peer Programs Coordinator, the Peer Harm Reduction Leader will provide harm reduction services to people in Mount Pleasant, Grandview Woodland, and neighboring areas in order to promote health and well-being. On-going community engagement with residents, business, social services and housing to promote harm reduction, safe disposal and supply distribution as well as co- facilitating Take Home Naloxone Trainings. Major duties include: distribution of harm reduction equipment, providing information on safer using and safer sex, providing referrals to other services, keeping statistics and general project planning and co facilitating Take Home Naloxone Trainings. Applicant will have experience communicating about harm reduction and collaborating with peers and service providers.
Two- Casual positions available on bi weekly basis on Tuesdays and/or Fridays (12.30pm to 2.30pm) and on call opportunities will also be available. Mandatory monthly business meetings on Wednesdays morning (usually third Wednesday of the month). Flexibility is crucial for this position during week days (3.5 hrs. shifts) but expectations will be negotiated on individual basis.
Two casual positions (3 months) available with possibility of extension. Contract renewal pending with evaluation.
- Non-judgmental to the diverse populations accessing harm reduction services
- Strong communication skills
- Commitment to harm reduction principles and procedures
- Self-identify as a person who uses illicit substances or works in the sex trade (current or former)
- Demonstrate reasonable stability and responsibility
- Ability to work independently
- Team player
- Confidence asserting boundaries
- Ability to de-escalate and manage conflict
- Knowledge of services and resources in neighborhood
- Ability to perform physical duties of outreach
- Harm Reduction operations
- Overdose response training (Take Home Naloxone)
- Safe Needle Recovery Training
- Robert Lily Lee & Raven Song Community Health Center Orientation
Casual, an average of eight hours per month or more (co- facilitating Take Home Naloxone Trainings) plus staff meetings, training opportunities and special projects.
These would be flexible expectations to be negotiated on individual basis.
Bimonthly payment by check. Must be able to provide SIN.
Criminal Record Check will be conducted upon a conditional offer of employment. Requires photo ID.
This position will be based at Robert Lily Lee Family Health Center and Raven Song Community Health Center with Monthly Contractors Meetings at Robert and Lily Lee Family Community Health Centre.
How to apply:
Please submit a letter or resume detailing your previous experience with and why you think you would be a great fit. Feel free to ask questions or get more information. Provide two references directly related to volunteer or work experience.
Drop it off: 1669 E Broadway. Harm Reduction Kiosk at Robert and Lily Lee Family Community Health Centre.
Monica Coll: 604.675.3980 x 20350 Kimberly Murphy: 604. 675. 3980 x 20351
Peer Programs Coordinator Harm Reduction Coordinator
Robert Lily Lee Family Community Robert Lily Lee Family Community Health Health Center Center
DEADLINE: Friday, January 6th at 4:00pm.