|PEER WORKER – PROJECT LEADER:
NOTICE OF CONTRACT
CLOSING: NOVEMBER 27, 2017
ONE Contract with the Consumer Initiative Fund – VCH
200 – 520 W 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H5
~ 14 hours per month, 6 month contract
Job Description: Under the supervision of the CIF Coordinator, and in conjunction with staff at the new Segal Building (at Vancouver General Hospital) for patients on the inpatient wards. Following the movie showing will be a half hour discussion of the movie. The successful candidate will be a well-organized individual who exhibits initiative, flexibility, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills. Experience with – or ability to learn – projectors and familiarity with android devices is required. Movie buffs encouraged!
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
- have completed a Peer Support Training program or have equivalent training or experience
- have personal experience receiving services within the mental health or substance use system (required)
- experience or the ability to learn the use of a projector
- experience or the ability to learn the use of an android device
- be able to be a role model to people recovering by sharing common life experiences and practical information in a post movie discussion format
- have effective strategies for dealing with stress
- be able to work cooperatively with mental health staff, consumers and family members
- be able to work with a culturally diverse population
- be willing to respect other people’s right to decline assistance
- be able to adequately access public transportation,
- be able to present in a professional manner, and
- be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of this Placement: 6 Months, with potential to renew.
Pay and Hours: $15.00 an hour, up to 14 hours maximum a month (including meetings) paid out as a flat rate of $210 per month.
Start Date: Week of December 4th, 2017
Closing Date and Location: Please submit a resume, references and a cover letter to:
Ian Sadler, Coordinator, Consumer Initiative Fund, Vancouver Community Mental Health Services, VCH
200 – 520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H5
(Telephone 604-730-7675; Faxes accepted to 604-874-7661; Email email@example.com)
No later than: November 27, 2017