NOTICE OF CONTRACT
CLOSING: OCT 19 2020
ONE Contract with STEPS Psychosocial Rehab Program 524 Powell St. Vancouver
Up to 33.3 hours per month, 6 month contract
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Team Director and staff, and in conjunction with treatment personnel, you will work with clients with mental health concerns with the objective of assisting them to achieve their stated goals. The successful candidate will be a well-organized individual who exhibits initiative, flexibility, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills. Duties include one-to-one work assisting clients in achieving goal(s), acquiring new skills or linking with community resources; meeting and working in the community; travel (usually on transit); participation in client goals; communicating and documenting all relevant information to pertinent staff; and attending quarterly peer support worker meetings, at the team or unit and centrally.
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
- must have taken Peer Support Training or worked as a Peer Support Worker within the last 3 years.
- have personal experience receiving services within the mental health system (required)
- have effective strategies for dealing with stress
- be able to work under supervision
- be able to work with a culturally diverse population
- be willing to respect other people’s right to decline assistance
- be able to adequately access public transportation,
- be able to present in a professional manner,
- be empathetic, patient and supportive,
- willing to facilitate or co-facilitate groups as needed and
- have the ability to participate in light physical activities with clients such as walking, aquafit and the gym.
Duration of these Placements: 6 Months, with potential to renew.
You are not required to work at the team or unit where you receive service.
Pay and Hours: $15 an hour, up to 33.3 hours maximum a month (including meetings).
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to:
Tianna Baker, STEPS Psychosocial Rehab Program
No later than: October 19, 2020