**PLEASE POST PLEASE POST**
PEER SUPPORT WORKER:
NOTICE OF CONTRACT
CLOSING: January 11, 2021
40 HOURS/MONTH AVAILABE AT KITSILANO-FAIRVIEW MHT, 400-1212 WEST BROADWAY
~ We will either:
a) hire one person to work 40 hours/month or
b) Split these hours into 2 contracts (20 hours per month and 20 hours per month) hours per month
6 month contract and renewal to be negotiated
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Team Director and staff, and in conjunction with treatment personnel, you will work with clients with mental illness with the objective of assisting them to achieve their stated goals. The successful candidate will be a well-organized individual who exhibits initiative, flexibility, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills. Duties include one-to-one work assisting clients in achieving goal(s), acquiring new skills or linking with community resources; communicating all relevant information verbally and in writing to pertinent staff; and attending monthly peer support worker meetings, at the team or unit and centrally.
Due to the pandemic restrictions, some of the work may be done virtually.
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
- have completed a Peer Support Training program or have equivalent training or experience
- have personal experience receiving services within the mental health system (required)
- be able to be a role model to people recovering from a serious mental illness by sharing common life experiences and practical information
- have effective strategies for dealing with stress
- be able to work cooperatively with mental health staff, consumers and family members
- be able to work with a culturally diverse population
- be willing to respect other people’s right to decline assistance
- be able to adequately access public transportation,
- be able to present in a professional manner, and
- be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of these Placements: 6 Months, with potential to renew.
You are required to NOT work at the team or unit where you receive service.
Pay and Hours: $15.00 an hour, up to 40 hours maximum a month (including meetings). May be split into a 20 hour and a 20 hour contract.
Closing Date and Location: Please submit a resume and a cover letter to:
Kitsilano-Fairview Mental Health Team
Attention: Dipesh Tailor
400-1212 West Broadway, Vancouver, Dipesh, V6H3V1, Fax 604 737-4835, phone: 604 736-2881
Please do not email your application.
No later than : January 11, 2021