NOTICE OF PRIVATE PEER SUPPORT WORKER CONTRACT:
(This is not a Vancouver Coastal Health Contract. The contract undertaking is between the family and the worker they hire)
CLOSING DATE: November 4th, 2017 – work to commence soon after (interviews likely held November 6 to 8)
Family of a 65-year-old female with schizophrenia living in a group home in Kitsilano are looking to hire a PSW to work with their sister.
- Contract will be supervised by sisters of client
- Candidates for position must have taken the PSW training, the Mental Health Worker Certificate program or other equivalent training
- Candidate must be able to work cooperatively with client, mental health team staff and family
- There is no provision for sick time
- Candidates must be able to adequately access public transportation
- Candidates must be able to present in a professional manner, and be empathetic, patient and supportive
- The PSW is expected to work 2 hours a week with a possible option to increase the hours as necessary.
- Payment is $25 per hour.
- Contract is for 3 months with a potential to renew. There will be a probationary period of 1 month to evaluate fit.
- Contract may be ended early if there are concerns around rapport or lack of progress with goals
- This is a private contract. Insurance will not be provided.
Clients goals may include:
- Helping client to explore options for meaningful activities outside her group home
- Attending group activities with her at various resource centres
- Walking with her or participating in light exercise
- Exploring leisure and social options
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes a summary of proposed activities or other pertinent info to:
Lenore@lenorerowntree.com (please put Peer Support Worker in subject line)
Only those being considered for the position will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!