NOTICE OF CONTRACT
CLOSING: SEPT 15, 2022
UP TO 6 HOURS/MONTH AVAILABLE REMOTELY AT $25 PER HOUR
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Vancouver Coastal Health Consumer Involvement and Initiatives team, you will facilitate virtual Peer Work Network meetings.
Peer Work Network is an initiative to bring together peer workers to share and discuss their programs, experiences, skills, and ideas related to their peer work. We define “peer” as: a person with lived/living experience with a mental health and/or substance use challenge.
The Peer Work Network is a space for peer workers to build community and connection, discuss developments in the world of peer work, and share support and encouragement with each other.
We hope that the Peer Work Network grows and evolves alongside the world of peer work to meet the needs of peer workers. Self-identifying as someone working/volunteering in a peer role or looking to work/volunteer in a peer role is the only criteria to join the Peer Work Network.
The successful candidate will be a well-organized individual who demonstrates a passion for peer work, empathy, reliability, self-awareness, initiative, flexibility, sound judgement, and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
Duties include: Collaboratively designing the structure of Peer Work Network meetings. Email/phone correspondence with peer workers and organizations in preparation and follow up for meetings. Facilitating the creation of a supportive sharing space over Zoom. Modeling respectful behaviour/language and effectively addressing any instances of disrespectful behaviour/language. Consulting with the peer work community and reshaping meetings as needed. Collaborating with the Consumer Involvement and Initiatives team.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will:
- have lived/living experience with a mental health/substance use challenge and with recovery
- have experience receiving services within the mental health care system
- have completed a Peer Support Training Program and/or equivalent training/education such as Mental Health Worker Certificate, WRAP Facilitator Training, Peer Facilitator Training, or other equivalent
- have experience facilitating discussions and/or groups
- be knowledgeable about the world of peer work and able to engage with the peer community
- have excellent listening/communication skills to navigate interpersonal dynamics and address any issues
- be able to maintain confidentiality and work cooperatively
- be able to attend sessions consistently and be highly reliable to commitments
- be able to effectively use a computer, phone, email, and Zoom
- be able to present in a professional manner
- have effective strategies for dealing with stress, and
- be empathetic, patient, and supportive.
Duration of This Contract: 6 months, with potential to renew.
Pay and Hours: $25 an hour, up to 6 hours maximum a month
Closing Date: Please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line “(Your Name) Peer Facilitator Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than: SEPTEMBER 15, 2022