Temp Contract – Peer Consumer Contractor Wanted
**PLEASE POST PLEASE POST**
WANTED: Program Admin Assistant
This is a temporary opportunity to work with the Consumer Involvement and Initiatives Program, based at the VCH Vancouver Mental Health and Substance Use Community administrative office at Cambie and 6th Avenue.
Up to 21 hours per week @ $20 per hour
Applications in by June 2, 2016
Job Description: to provide general office administrative support to the program and we are hoping to hire a person in recovery with lived experience of mental health and or addiction issues.
Grade 12, supplemented by standard commercial and related computer courses, plus two years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven/accurate data entry/keyboarding/word processing skills, including layout and organization of documents and demonstrated ability to create and work with spreadsheets, utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and some independent judgment in carrying out duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, to work independently with minimal direction, to problem solve, to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with public, volunteers and other employees, to deal tactfully/effectively with coworkers, public, elderly/confused/demanding clients and staff from other agencies, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively both verbally (via phone and in person) and in writing.
- Must be able to work within a team environment and to adapt to constant changes.
- Must demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to be flexible
Start Date: ASAP
Must be available for all of June (with a possibility of extending in to early September)
Hours of work: Negotiable but during business hours – 8:30 – 4:30 Monday to Friday
Successful applicant will be asked to commit to set days and times.
(Regular hours for permanent position are three 7 hours days per week, but other configurations will be considered.)
** Please submit a resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org **
Thank you for your interest: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.