In an emergency
If you feel you might be in danger of hurting yourself or someone else, you should call 9-1-1 or go to a hospital emergency department right away.
Call for health advice
HealthLink BC is a 24-hour free phone line for confidential health information and advice. Call 8-1-1 or for deaf or hearing-impaired call: 1 (866) 889-4700.
- Access & Assessment Centre (AAC) – For help during a non-life threatening mental health and/or substance use issue. Call (604) 675-3700, available 7:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., 7 days a week or visit Joseph & Rosalie Segal & Family Health Centre.
- Older adult mental health: (604) 709-6785, available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Addiction services: 1 (866) 658-1221, available Monday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.
- Visit our Richmond mental health and substance use services page
- Call (604) 204-1111 to speak to someone about Richmond programs and services
- North Shore: (604) 983-6020, available Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pemberton: (604) 698-5861, available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Powell River: (604) 485-3300, available Monday to Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Squamish: (604) 815-3008, available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sunshine Coast (Gibsons, Sechelt & Pender Harbour): (604) 885-6101, available Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Whistler: (604) 698-6455, available Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Crisis intervention and suicide prevention
Professionally trained volunteers can provide free, confidential, non-judgmental, emotional support if you are experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
- Vancouver, Richmond, North Shore and Sea to Sky: (604) 872-3111, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For deaf or hearing-impaired call: 1 (866) 872-0113
- Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast and Bella Coola: 1 (866) 661-3311 (toll-free), available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Richmond CHIMO Community Services: (604) 279-7070, available 8 a.m. to midnight, 7 days a week
- Provincial Crisis Centre of BC: 1 (800) SUICIDE – 1 (800) 784-2433, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, youth chat and crisis chat also available
- Seniors Distress Line: (604) 872-1234, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Kids Help Phone
Immediate and caring support, information and, if necessary, referral to a local community or social service agency.
Phone: 1 (800) 668-6868
Youth in BC Distress Line
24-hour distress line staffed by counsellors and trained volunteers who are committed to helping youths in crisis.
Phone: (604) 872-3311
Problem Gambling Help Line
A province-wide information and referral service for anyone who is adversely affected by their own, or another’s gambling habits.
Phone: 1 (888) 795-6111 (Deaf and hard of hearing callers call collect: (604) 875-0885)