WordPress & Social Media Contractor
PEER WORKER – WordPress & Social Media
NOTICE OF CONTRACT CLOSING: February 28th, 2021
ONE Contract with the Consumer Initiative Fund – VCH 200 – 520 W 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H5 – 8 hours per month, 6 month contract
Job Description: Under the supervision of the CIF Coordinator, make posts on our WordPress website (SpotlightOnMentalHealth.com) as well as social media – Twitter & Facebook specifically.
The successful candidate will be a well-organized individual who exhibits initiative, flexibility, sound judgement and good interpersonal skills
Qualifications: The successful individual will:
1. have completed a Peer Support Training program or have equivalent training or experience
2. have personal experience receiving services within the mental health or substance use system (required)
3. experience or willing to learn the use of WordPress
4. experience or willing to learn with social media – Twitter & Facebook
5. be able to be a role model to people recovering by sharing common life experiences and practical information
6. have effective strategies for dealing with stress
7. be able to work cooperatively with mental health staff, consumers and family members
8. be able to work with a culturally diverse population
9. be willing to respect other people’s right to decline assistance
10. be able to adequately access public transportation
11. be able to present in a professional manner, and
12. be empathetic, patient and supportive.
Duration of this Placement: 6 Months, with potential to renew. Pay and Hours: $25.00 an hour, up to 8 hours maximum a month (including meetings) up to a maximum of $200 per month.
Start Date: Second half of March 2021
Closing Date and Location: Applications accepted until February 28th, 2021.
Please submit a resume, references and a cover letter to: Ian Sadler, Coordinator, Consumer Initiative Fund, Vancouver Community Mental Health Services, VCH 200 – 520 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H5 (Telephone 604-730-7675; Faxes accepted to 604-874-7661; Email firstname.lastname@example.org